You really don’t need a season change to enjoy garlic bread toast. It’s buttery, garlicky, cozy and delicious… and your house is going to pick up the aroma of the Italian restaurant. These are toasty and a bit crunchy on the outside and so soft on the inside. Perfection!
You can eat it with your favorite Italian pasta, or just slice it into long strips and dip in the marinara sauce. It’s perfect for sports parties such as basketball or football gatherings with your family and friends or perhaps makes it for your Sunday dinner.
Garlic Bread Toast
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened/room temperature
- 2 tsp. Dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. Chili Flakes
- 1 loaf of Texas Toast
- If the bread is not sliced, then slice it into about 1 inch thick slices. You want a bread to have a nice bite to it.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the softened butter, parsley, garlic, salt and chili flakes until smooth.
- Lightly spread the butter mixture on one side of all the bread.
- Heat a well-seasoned cast-iron skillet over medium heat and add toast.
- While it is toasting on one side, lightly spread the butter mixture on the other side.
- Flip the toast after about 2 minutes or until it is golden brown, and then toast the other side.
- You may serve it with parmesan cheese and marinara sauce, with pasta or salad.
- Bake them in the oven:
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Butter both sides and place on a baking pan. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Turn the broiler on high and bake for 30-40 seconds more to get ultimate crunch.