Garlic Bread Recipe (How to Make Garlic Bread) – Buttery, garlicky, crunchy and addictive! I will teach you how to make the easiest homemade garlic bread recipe with a delicious garlic bread spread from scratch.
The Best Homemade Garlic Bread
- 1 Loaf good quality french bread can use whole wheat
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp heaping garlic minced ~4 cloves
- 1/8-1/4 tsp salt
- 6-8 tbsp butter softened
- Parmesan Cheese to taste
- tsp ~1 dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in small saute pan on stove over medium heat. Add minced garlic and saute until it begins to soften and smell good. DO NOT LET IT BROWN.
- Mix sauteed garlic with 1/8 tsp salt and 6 tbsp of butter (unless you have a monstrous sized loaf of french bread, then you might need 8 tbsp). If you use unsalted butter you may want to up the salt to 1/4 tsp.
- Slice bread in half like a giant roll, and spread butter mixture evenly on both sides. Sprinkle with dried parsley and parmesan cheese to your tastes.
- Put garlic bread back together like a loaf (so the buttered sides are facing each other and the bread is closed).
- Bake directly on the top rack for ~7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, open the garlic bread so the buttered sides of both pieces are facing the top of the oven (under the broiler).
- Broil bread for about 5 minutes, until beginning to lightly brown and get crispy. Watch EXTREMELY carefully as the garlic bread can easily burn at this point.
- Remove from oven, slice, and serve hot.