A Banana bread is full of chocolate chips and is SUPER soft and moist thanks to 4 whole bananas and a little bit of oil. It’s the best!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 cups 8oz | 235g all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 5oz | 150 g granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup 2oz | 50g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 medium ripe bananas about 1 pound or 500g
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup 4oz | 115 grams unsalted butter melted and cooled (or cooking oil)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup 6 oz | 175 g chocolate chips (or roughly chopped nuts of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan and line with parchment (baking) paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugars, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl mash the bananas really well. Then add the eggs, cooled melted butter (or oil), and vanilla.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula lightly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Gently fold in half of the chocolate chips (or nuts if using). The batter should be thick and lumpy. (Do not over mix!)
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and top with remaining chocolate chips or nuts. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.